I’m a real estate and business lawyer with over 40 years of experience. Based in Tucson, Arizona, I spend my days advising investors and entrepreneurs, negotiating deals, and drafting contracts. I prefer modern English to musty legalese — clients speak English, so lawyers should too. My main practice areas are:
- Business organizations, including LLCs, corporations, and partnerships
- Commercial real estate transactions and finance
- Venture capital and private equity
- Mergers and acquisitions of private companies
My Martindale-Hubble peer review rating is “AV Preeminent,” which designates “the highest level of professional excellence for legal expertise, communication skills, and ethical standards.” I am also listed in “The Best Lawyers in America” for real estate.
Over the course of my career, I’ve served as in-house counsel for several real estate development firms and as a director of various real estate, software, and technology companies. That experience enables me to assess situations from a business perspective as well as a legal one.
I’m a graduate of Pomona College and the University of Arizona College of Law.
- Arbico Organics – internet retailer of natural and organic products
- Brake Masters – multi-state chain of auto repair shops based in Tucson
- Cadre Partners – venture capital and private equity
- Diamond Ventures – real estate development and business investments
- DVI Equity Partners – venture capital and private equity
- Murphey Trusts – family trusts of John Murphey, original developer of the Catalina foothills
- Tucson Realty & Trust Co. – Arizona’s oldest real estate firm
Robert A. Fortuno, P.C.
2200 East River Road, Suite 110
Tucson, Arizona 85718